Don Pietro is one of my favorite pizza places in this city, and I have two stories to tell of my deep love for the place.
The first is that I did once stay up for around two hours, hoping against all hope that they would deliver a pizza ordered over the phone. Wishful thinking, that, and it resulted in a very sleepy me. To be fair, we had ordered it at about 2 am, and it's questionable whether we were even speaking to anyone working at the restaurant.
The second is that yemeksepeti was down today, so I asked a friend to call in the order for me. Apparently, I eat there enough that they knew my name based off my address.
Today I'm getting the smallest size Pizza Rossa, a delicious pizza with olives, carmelized onions, sundried tomatoes and, best of all, capers. Though it's my favorite, I've also had the Margarita, Ottoman and Toscana pizzas. The smallest pizza is enough for a meal, but just barely. If you're worried at all, better to go with the 32 cm pizzas for a few lira more.
The pizza is fantastic - it's got delicious very thin crust, is cheesy and has tomato sauce on it, spiced well, delicious toppings, the edge is a bit dry, which is nice to eat with the cheese... Overall, amazing. I've heard the desserts are quite good too, though I've not had one myself. Watch out for grease dripping on you, particularly with the Margarita pizzas - care of some seriously delicious cheese!
No comments:
Post a Comment